But before that, here are the benefits of adding your AirPods to Apple's Find My app.
Why Do You Want AirPods to Show Up in Find My?Adding your AirPods to the Find My app has many benefits:
- After your AirPods show up in Find My, you can make them sound if they're lost in finding one or both of the missing buds.
- Find My lets you see the last known locations of your AirPods on a map. If they're not connected, you can still see the last time and location they were online and get directions to that location.
- You can use Find My Network to locate your AirPods Pro or AirPods Max and get accurate directions to them when they're nearby.
Now that you know the importance of adding your AirPods to the Find My app, here are solutions to fix when they don't appear in it.
Note: For many of the Find My solutions below, you need to have your AirPods with you.
1. Construct Sure Search My Is Enabled For Your Mated DeviceWhen you set up your iPhone, Find My is turned on by default. And when you connect your AirPods to this iPhone, Find My is automatically enabled for AirPods as well. You don't need to take any other steps. However, if you later turn off Find My for your iPhone, it will also affect your AirPods.
Connect your AirPods to your iPhone and follow these steps to make sure Find My is enabled:
- Open Settings and tap [Your Name] at the peak.
- Tap Find My.
- If Find My iPhone is turned off, tap it and enable it from the next screen.
- Now open Find My app and tap on Devices. Your AirPods should appear here.
2. Enable Find My Network for new AirPodsFind My Network uses other hard Apple bias to securely bear the position of your lost AirPods toyou.However, AirPods Max, or AirPods( third generation), If you have AirPods Pro.
Here's how to enable Find My Network for your AirPods so you can locate them using the Find My app in the future:
- Connect your AirPods to your iPhone.
- Open Settings on your iPhone and faucet Bluetooth.
- Tap the info (i) button next to your AirPods.
- Enable the switch for Find My network.
3. Place Your AirPods In The Charging Case and Restart Your iPhoneSometimes, your AirPods may not show up in the Find My app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac due to temporary errors, which can be easily resolved by restarting.
To combat this, place your AirPods in their charging case and close the lid. Now go ahead and restart the iPhone or Apple device on which you are checking the Find My app.
4. Check Apple’s System Status for the Find My ServiceIn rare cases, the problem may not be on your end, but on Apple. To check, visit Apple's System Status page. Here, make sure you see a green circle next to Apple ID, iCloud account and sign in, iCloud Web Apps, and Maps.
Still, it means they're passing an outage, If these services show a unheroic or red symbol. You will have to stay for Apple to fix it. also, open the Find My app or go toiCloud.com/find to find your AirPods.
5. Use iCloud.com Instead of the Find My AppWhen you can't find your AirPods in the Find My app, try using the service in a browser instead. The steps for this are:
- Go to iCloud.com on your Mac, PC, iPad, or iPhone and sign in using your Apple ID.
- Click or tap Find iPhone.
- On mobile, you should see your AirPods here. On the computer, click All Devices, and your AirPods should appear in the list.
6. Make Sure Your AirPods Are Charged.Still, they will not show their position in the Find My app, If your AirPods are dead. The most you can see in this situation is their last given position. To charge your AirPods, place them in their chargingcase.However, connect it to power, If there's no battery left in the case.
7. Find My Not Available with a Managed Apple ID.You won't be suitable to pierce Find My using a managed Apple ID assigned by your academy, council or office. As a result, you will not be suitable to see your AirPods( or any device) in the Find My app. The workaround is to subscribe in to a particular Apple ID account on your connected device rather.
8. Unpair And Pair Your AirPods AgainWhen none of the above fixes work, it's time to unpair your AirPods and connect them again. These steps will show you how to:
- Place the AirPods in their charging case.
- Open your iPhone Settings and tap Bluetooth.
- Tap the info (i) button next to your AirPods.
- Tap Forget This Device > Forget Device.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Now, pair the AirPods to your device again.
9. Update Your AirPods FirmwareJust like software updates on your iPhone, AirPods blend firmware updates to fix bugs and offer latest features. For illustration, the October 2021 update added the Find My Network point to AirPods Pro and Max. therefore, to get the stylish possible AirPods experience and fix any issues, learn how to modernize your AirPods to the rearmost firmware.
10. Reset Your AirPodsFinally, if the problem persists, the last option is to reset your AirPods. This will remove the AirPods from all the old devices you've paired them with, and you'll have to pair them all over again. Doing so solves several major issues with AirPods, including when they don't show up in the Find My app.
11. Find My Won't Disclose Your AirPods If It's Too LongTechnically, Find My shows the last known AirPods location, even when they run out of battery. But if it's been a particularly long time, Find My might not show a location for your AirPods, even though it still lists them in the Find My app.
In the screenshots below, you can see that my old AirPods are still visible in the list of devices. But after tapping on their name, the map doesn't show any location or related details except to give the option to play sound (which won't work until AirPods come online). The only solution is to reconnect and use your AirPods.
AirPods and the Find My AppBecause AirPods don't have network connectivity and rely on your iPhone or another connected device to show up in Find My, they can be quite difficult to find if they ever go missing.
Nevertheless, the Find My service is useful and can be used to find the last known location, get directions and play sounds from lost devices. All of these features make adding your AirPods to Find My very worthwhile, and the above solutions should ensure they show up correctly.