From keyboard shortcuts to URL tricks, there are tons of ways you can get to the time-wasting posts on Reddit that you know you don't want to miss and do other things. Want to go back.
1. Update Your Reddit SettingsUpdating your preferences on Reddit can make all the difference in how you find your browsing experience on the platform. You can change the way Reddit organizes the feed, text and thumbnail sizes, default view (card, classic, or compact), and more through your user settings.
Play around with different views and preferences until you find one that works best for you. There are a number of ways you can customize your Reddit home feed to improve how easy it is for you to browse.
2. Leave Around Comments and Posts on RedditThe Reddit Enhancement Suite, available for Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Opera, has tons of cool keyboard shortcuts and features that will make browsing Reddit even faster. These features include:
- Show or hide images with the keyboard shortcut Shift + X.
- Go to the next post or comment with the keyboard shortcut J, and go to the previous comment with the keyboard shortcut K.
- Go to the bottom of a subreddit or Reddit page with the keyboard shortcut Shift + J, and go to the top of the page with the keyboard shortcut Shift + K.
- Toggle comments on any open post with the keyboard shortcut C.
- Return to parent comment with the keyboard shortcut P.
- Upvote commentary with the keyboard shortcut A, and downvote a commentary with the keyboard shortcut Z.
This handy community-driven Reddit extension can do a lot to improve your Reddit experience.
3. Create Multireddits to Streamline Your ScrollingA native point that does not bear any fresh extensions is the capability to combine subreddits into one master feed. The easiest way to do this on the web interpretation is to add a to the end of the URL for eachsub-edit you want to be a part of.
Say, for example, you wanted to combine several sports-related subreddits, then you just type in www.reddit.com/r/soccer+basketball/ to create a page full of posts from those two subreddits. will You can also add more than two subreddits. It just depends on how many subreddits you want to add.
You can also create a custom feed by visiting the subreddit, clicking the ellipsis, and clicking Add to Custom Feed.
You can find custom feeds by clicking Home on the front page and then accessing it. You can create as many custom feeds as you want and access them the same way.
This feature on Reddit makes it very easy for you to keep track of many different subreddits, meaning you never miss the posts and communities you want to keep on top of.
Improve Your Reddit BrowsingHere are some additional tips to improve your Reddit browsing:
- Utilize multireddits: Multireddits allow you to combine multiple subreddits into a single feed. This can be useful if you have several related interests that you want to keep track of.
- Participate in discussions: Reddit is not just about reading content - it's also about participating in discussions. By leaving comments and upvoting/downvoting content, you can contribute to the community and help shape the content that is displayed in your feed.
- Check out the sidebar: Many subreddits have a sidebar that contains useful information such as rules, FAQs, and related subreddits. Take the time to read through the sidebar to learn more about the community and its guidelines.
- Explore trending subreddits: Reddit regularly features trending subreddits on its homepage. Checking out these subreddits can be a great way to discover new content and communities.
- Use Reddit on mobile: Reddit has a mobile app that is optimized for browsing on-the-go. Using the app can be a great way to browse Reddit when you have a few spare minutes.
By following these tips, you can improve your Reddit browsing experience and get the most out of the platform.