Whether it's finding interesting people to follow based on location, influence, topic, or even who your other friends are following and retweeting — there's something for everyone. there is something Without further ado, here are some fun ways to find new people to follow on Twitter:
1. Twitter's "Who to Follow" sectionThe "Who to Follow" section on Twitter is a feature that suggests accounts for users to follow based on their interests, interactions, and the accounts they already follow. It appears as a list of recommended accounts on the right side of the Twitter website or app, and it is designed to help users discover new people, organizations, or topics they might find interesting.
Twitter's algorithm also considers the accounts followed by people with similar interests and engagement patterns. This means that if multiple users who share similar interests with you follow a particular account, it may be suggested to you as well.
Additionally, Twitter may suggest accounts based on trending topics, events, or hashtags. For example, during a major sporting event, Twitter might recommend accounts related to that sport or event.
It's important to note that the "Who to Follow" suggestions are personalized and may vary for each user. Twitter continually refines its algorithms to improve the relevance and accuracy of these recommendations.
Please keep in mind that the information I provided is based on the state of Twitter's "Who to Follow" section as of my last knowledge update in September 2021. Twitter may have made changes or introduced new features since then, so it's always a good idea to check the latest information from official sources or Twitter's help center.
2. Search People Near YouIf you're looking to find people near you on Twitter, you can use the platform's location-based search feature or explore local events and hashtags. Here are a few ways you can try:
1: Location-based search: Twitter allows you to search for tweets from specific locations. To find people near you, follow these steps:
- Go to the Twitter search bar.
- Enter a keyword or topic of interest (e.g., a local event, a city name, or a specific location).
- Click on the "More options" button (represented by three vertical dots) next to the search bar.
- Select "Advanced search."
- In the advanced search options, you can enter specific locations, choose a radius around that location, and filter by people's tweets, among other options.
- Click on the "Search" button to view the search results, which will include tweets from people near the specified location.
2: Explore local events and hashtags: Twitter is often used to discuss local events, gatherings, or specific communities. By searching for local events or using location-specific hashtags, you can find people who are active in your area.
- Search for hashtags related to your location (e.g., #YourCity, #YourCityEvents) to discover tweets and accounts relevant to your area.
- Look for local events, conferences, or meetups happening in your city or nearby. Follow the event's official Twitter account and engage with its participants to connect with people near you.
3: Connect with local communities and organizations: Many cities and regions have Twitter accounts dedicated to sharing news, events, and information about the local community. By following these accounts, you can connect with people who are active in your area and potentially find others with similar interests.
Remember to exercise caution when interacting with people you meet online and be mindful of sharing personal information. It's always a good idea to review Twitter's safety guidelines and privacy settings to ensure a safe and positive experience.
3. Search People With Alike InterestsFinding people with similar interests on Twitter can be an excellent way to connect with like-minded individuals. Here are some methods you can use to discover such individuals:
- Search Relevant Hashtags: Hashtags are widely used on Twitter to categorize and discover content. Search for hashtags related to your interests and see what conversations and accounts are associated with them. Engage with tweets using those hashtags and follow accounts that share similar content.
- Follow Influencers And Experts: Identify influencers, experts, or thought leaders in your areas of interest. These individuals often share valuable insights, news, and opinions related to the topics you're interested in. By following them, you not only stay updated but also have the opportunity to connect with others who engage with their content.
- Participate In Twitter Chats: Twitter chats are scheduled discussions that take place around a specific hashtag at a designated time. They are an excellent way to connect with people who share similar interests. Find relevant Twitter chats in your field of interest and participate actively. Engage with other participants, ask questions, and contribute to the discussion. This can lead to new connections and conversations with people who have similar passions.
- Join Communities And Groups: Many communities and groups on Twitter revolve around specific interests. Look for communities related to your hobbies, industries, or areas of passion. You can search for relevant keywords or browse lists curated by other users. By joining these communities, you'll have the opportunity to engage with others who share your interests and build connections.
- Utilize Twitter's "Who to Follow" Suggestions: As mentioned earlier, Twitter provides personalized recommendations in the "Who to Follow" section. The algorithm considers your activity, the accounts you follow, and your engagement patterns. Pay attention to the suggestions and explore the recommended accounts to find individuals who align with your interests.
FlashBack, erecting connections on Twitter requires active engagement. Like, retweet, and reply to tweets that reverberate with you. share in conversations and contribute precious perceptivity. By constantly engaging with others, you increase the chances of finding and connecting with people who partake your interests.
4. Follow Related ProfilesIf you're looking to follow profiles similar to the ones you already follow on Twitter, here are a few methods you can try:
- Twitter Recommendations: Twitter provides recommendations for similar profiles based on the accounts you already follow. These suggestions appear in the "Who to Follow" section or may be displayed as prompts when you follow a new account. Take a look at these recommendations and consider following the suggested profiles that align with your interests.
- Look at Followers and Following Lists: Explore the followers and following lists of the profiles you already follow. Often, these lists can be a treasure trove of accounts with similar interests. Check out the profiles that catch your attention and follow them if they align with your preferences.
- Engage With Analogous Content: Engaging with tweets and content related to your interests can lead you to discover new biographies. Like, retweet, and reply to tweets that reverberate with you. By engaging with content in your areas of interest, you will probably come across biographies that partake analogous content and perspectives. Follow those biographies to stay connected and discover more affiliated content.
- Search for Influencers and Experts: Identify influencers, experts, or thought leaders in your field of interest. Search for specific keywords or topics related to your interests and see which profiles consistently provide valuable content. Follow these influencers to access their expertise and stay up to date with the latest trends in your area of interest.
- Explore Twitter Lists: Twitter lists are curated collections of accounts grouped by specific themes or interests. Users create these lists to organize and share accounts they find valuable. Look for lists created by others that are relevant to your interests. You can either browse public lists or search for specific keywords to find relevant lists. Following the accounts on these lists can introduce you to profiles similar to your preferences.
5. Sync Your ContactsTwitter offers a feature that allows you to sync your contacts from various sources to find and connect with people you know. By syncing your contacts, you can discover friends, colleagues, or acquaintances who are already on Twitter. Here's how you can sync your contacts on Twitter:
- Open the Twitter app or go to the Twitter website and log in to your account.
- Navigate to the "Settings and Privacy" section. On the Twitter app, you can find this by tapping on your profile picture or the three-line menu icon, then selecting "Settings and Privacy." On the Twitter website, click on your profile picture at the top right corner, and in the drop-down menu, select "Settings and Privacy."
- Within the "Settings and Privacy" section, look for an option called "Privacy and Safety" or something similar. The exact location may vary depending on the Twitter version you're using.
- Under the "Privacy and Safety" settings, search for an option called "Discoverability and contacts" or a similar name.
- In the "Discoverability and contacts" section, you should find an option to "Sync address book contacts" or "Find friends." Click on that option.
- Twitter will then prompt you to select the sources from which you want to sync your contacts. This can include your phone's contacts, email contacts, or other sources depending on the platform you're using. Select the sources you want to sync with Twitter.
- Once you've selected the sources, Twitter will sync your contacts and compare them to the existing Twitter accounts. You'll be presented with a list of contacts who are already on Twitter.
- You can then choose to follow the suggested accounts or send them connection requests, depending on your preferences and relationship with each contact.
Please keep in mind that the steps provided are based on the general functionality of Twitter as of my last knowledge update in September 2021. Twitter may have made changes or introduced new features since then, so it's always a good idea to check the latest information from official sources or Twitter's help center.
6. Get Recommendations via EmailAs of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, Twitter does not offer a built-in feature to provide recommendations via email. However, Twitter does send periodic emails to users regarding various updates, notifications, and highlights from their network. These emails may include suggestions or recommendations for accounts to follow based on your activity and interests.
If you're not receiving these recommendation emails from Twitter or would like to modify your email preferences, you can customize your email notifications settings by following these steps:
- Log in to your Twitter Statement on the website.
- Click on your profile picture at the top right corner to open a drop-down menu.
- From the menu, select "Settings and Privacy."
- In the "Settings and sequestration" section, navigate to the "Dispatch announcements" tab.
- Here, you can adjust your email notification preferences by selecting or deselecting the relevant checkboxes. Ensure that you have enabled notifications for suggestions, recommendations, or any other content you would like to receive via email.
- Once you have made your desired changes, click on the "Save changes" button to update your preferences.
Additionally, you may also receive promotional or marketing emails from Twitter regarding new features, events, or suggestions. These emails are usually sent based on your Twitter usage and preferences, and you can manage your email subscriptions by following the instructions provided within the emails or visiting the settings page mentioned above.
7. Exploring TopicsExploring topics on Twitter is a great way to discover conversations, news, and accounts related to specific subjects. Here are several methods you can use to explore topics on Twitter:
- Trending Topics: The Twitter platform prominently displays a list of trending topics or hashtags on the Explore page or in the sidebar. These trends are based on popular and widely discussed subjects at the moment. Clicking on a trend will show you a feed of tweets that include that hashtag or discuss that topic. It allows you to explore the latest conversations and join in if desired.
- Hashtag Search: Use the Twitter search function to search for specific hashtags related to the topic you're interested in. Enter the hashtag into the search bar, and Twitter will display a feed of tweets that include that hashtag. You can browse through these tweets, engage with them, and find accounts that are active in the discussions surrounding that topic.
- Follow Relevant Accounts: Identify and follow accounts that consistently tweet about the topics you're interested in. Look for influencers, experts, organizations, or news outlets related to your chosen subjects. By following these accounts, you'll have a curated feed of content focused on your topics of interest, allowing you to stay up to date and engage with like-minded individuals.
- Explore Twitter Lists: Twitter lists are collections of accounts curated by users around specific themes or topics. Search for public lists related to your areas of interest. You can find lists created by experts, influencers, or organizations that encompass a range of accounts discussing the topics you want to explore. By following these lists, you'll have a pre-curated collection of accounts to follow and engage with.
- Engage in Twitter Chats: Twitter chats are scheduled discussions that revolve around a specific hashtag at a designated time. They allow participants to engage in conversations about specific topics. Search for relevant Twitter chats related to your interests and participate by using the designated hashtag during the scheduled chat time. This can help you discover new accounts, connect with like-minded individuals, and expand your knowledge on the topic.