- High Price: The iPhone 15 Pro is rumored to start at $999, which is a significant increase over the starting price of the iPhone 14 Pro. If you're on a budget, the iPhone 15 or even the iPhone 14 might be a better option.
- Minor Design Changes: The iPhone 15 Pro is expected to have a similar design to the iPhone 14 Pro, with only minor changes such as a new titanium frame. If you're looking for a major redesign, you might want to wait for the iPhone 16 Pro.
- Incremental Camera Upgrades: The iPhone 15 Pro is rumored to have a new 48MP main camera, but the other camera sensors are expected to be the same as the iPhone 14 Pro. If you're not a heavy camera user, you might not notice a big difference in image quality.
- No Significant Battery Life Improvement: The iPhone 15 Pro is expected to have the same battery life as the iPhone 14 Pro. If you're looking for a phone with longer battery life, you might want to consider a different model.
Apple unveiled the long-awaited iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max at its "Wonderlist" event in September 2023. These flagship iPhones qaulity a titanium frame, the A17 Pro chip, an action button, and other.
While the latest features are exciting, there are a few reasons why you might not like to purchase the iPhone 15 Pro.
1. Base Storage Is Still 128 GB
There are a few possible reasons why Apple is sticking with 128GB for the base storage. One possibility is that they are trying to keep the cost of the phone down. Another possibility is that they are confident that most people will be able to get by with 128GB of storage. However, it's also possible that Apple is simply being greedy and hoping to make more money by selling people more expensive storage options.
Whatever the reason, the 128GB base storage is definitely a downside of the iPhone 15 Pro. If you're a heavy user or you plan on storing a lot of photos and videos on your phone, you'll definitely want to consider getting the 256GB or 512GB model.
Here are some tips for managing your storage if you're stuck with 128GB:
- Delete any apps or photos that you don't use anymore.
- Use cloud storage services like iCloud or Google Photos to store your photos and videos.
- Stream movies and music instead of downloading them.
- Buy a memory card to expand your storage.
2. Color Options Aren't Great
In the past, Apple has offered a wider variety of colors for its iPhones, including bright colors like pink, yellow, and coral. Some people are hoping that Apple will bring back some of these brighter colors for the iPhone 15 Pro, but it's not clear if that will happen.
Ultimately, the color of the iPhone 15 Pro is a personal preference. If you like dark and muted colors, then you'll probably be happy with the options that are available. But if you're looking for something brighter and more colorful, then you might be disappointed.
Here are some other colors that I would have liked to see for the iPhone 15 Pro:
- Product RED
- Midnight Green
- Pacific Blue
- Rose Gold
I think these colors would have appealed to a wider range of people and made the iPhone 15 Pro more visually appealing. However, it's possible that Apple is trying to appeal to a more premium market with the dark and muted colors. Only time will tell if this strategy will be successful.
3. The Standard iPhone 15 Offers Good Value
Here are some of the features that are rumored to be included in the standard iPhone 15:
- A new A16 Bionic chip
- A 6.1-inch OLED display
- A 12MP triple-lens rear camera system
- A 12MP front-facing camera
- 5G connectivity
- iOS 16
These are all the same features that are expected to be included in the iPhone 15 Pro, except for the LiDAR scanner. The LiDAR scanner is a new feature that was introduced with the iPhone 15 Pro, and it's used for augmented reality and portrait mode photography.
So, if you're looking for a more affordable iPhone that still offers a lot of great features, then the standard iPhone 15 is a good option. It's not as powerful as the iPhone 15 Pro, but it's still a great phone.
4. Your Recent Phone Is Perhaps Still Good Enough
Here are some reasons why your current phone might still be good enough:
- It has a fast processor and enough storage.
- The battery life is still good.
- The camera takes good photos and videos.
- It runs the latest version of iOS.
- You're happy with the way it looks and feels.
If you're not experiencing any problems with your current phone, then there's no need to upgrade. You can save your money and wait until your phone starts to slow down or the battery life starts to deteriorate.